Motorcycle Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Motorcycle Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Motorcycle Insurance Information
Motorcycles can be a thrilling and adventurous way to travel, but these vehicles also carry substantial risks and exposures. Regardless of how responsible and cautious you may be while out for a ride, you cannot always avoid accidents. As such, it’s necessary to acquire and maintain suitable motorcycle insurance.
For over 50 years, Matt Roenker Insurance Agency has operated as a family-owned and -operated business serving the needs of individuals and families in the Virginia Beach area.
What Does Motorcycle Insurance Cover?
Motorcycle insurance is customizable to meet your specific coverage needs. In most cases, an adequate motorcycle insurance policy will include a combination of the following coverages:
- Liability—If you are responsible for an accident that results in damages for another party, this coverage can help pay for various expenses, including medical treatment, lost income and property damage.
- Medical payments coverage—If you or your passengers are injured in an accident, this coverage, also known as MedPay, can provide financial aid for medical expenses regardless of who was at fault.
- Personal injury protection—This coverage may be available as an addition to your policy and, regardless of who was responsible, can help insulate you from financial damages arising from an accident, such as health care costs and lost wages.
- Collision coverage—If you collide with another vehicle or a stationary object, such as a building or sign, this coverage can help pay to repair your motorcycle.
- Comprehensive coverage—If your vehicle is damaged in an event not financially protected by collision coverage, such as fire, theft, severe weather or hitting an animal, this coverage can help pay for the damages.
- Custom parts coverage—This coverage can help pay to repair or replace certain parts or specialized features of your motorcycle, such as a custom paint job.
- Gear protection coverage—If your riding gear, such as your helmet or gloves, are damaged, this coverage may be able to pay for replacements.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage—If you are not at fault for an accident, but the responsible party lacks enough insurance to pay for your damages, this coverage can compensate for the deficiency.
Nearly every state, including Virginia, requires motorcyclists to show proof of insurance before being able to register their bike and get a license plate.
How Much Does Motorcycle Insurance Cost?
When quoting rates for motorcycle policies, providers must consider several criteria. In most cases, you can expect the following factors to be considered:
- Driving record
- Age of policyholder
- Vehicle details (e.g., body type, make, model)
- Vehicle usage (e.g., annual mileage)
- Prior claims history
- Policy details (e.g., coverage limits, deductibles, number of people named in the policy)
There may also be ways to qualify for discounts and reduce your premiums, such as by becoming a member of a motorcycle association or completing various safety courses.
Get the Right Coverage
Motorcycles carry inherent levels of risk that can be higher than that of other vehicles. Without adequate motorcycle insurance, a small loss of balance or momentary negligence could have severe ramifications for your long-term health and financial wellness.
The experts at Matt Roenker Insurance Agency are here to help. Our agents will work with you to assess your insurance needs and provide optimal coverage. Contact us
today to get started.